Re: Linux sees only 4 GB out of 8
- From: Chris Davies <chris-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:10:53 +0000
Pascal Hambourg <boite-a-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...] per-process virtual memory space is still limited to 4
GiB. However AFAIK this limit is not involved in the swap use reported
Mmm, ok; I didn't read it that way.
If you've a per-process 4 GiB limit and a system with more that 4 GiB
memory, then the swapper would only kick in if the system itself was
needing swap. In which case it doesn't matter whether you're running
32-bit PAE or true 64-bit. The per-process limit simply prevents the
application growing beyond that fixed limit.
- Prev by Date: Re: Linux sees only 4 GB out of 8
- Next by Date: Which equipment for editing HD video?
- Previous by thread: Re: Linux sees only 4 GB out of 8
- Next by thread: Supported 802.11n Cardbus adapters