Which equipment for editing HD video?

What kind of equipment is needed for editing HD video. I'm not into special
effects, only cutting, like extending the sound of one shot over the next.
Title at the beginning and end. That's it.

So, how much memory is needed? Is 4GB, 8GB sufficient? What kind of
proecssor? Dual, Quad? I suppose that, to edit an hour down to 15 minutes,
500 GB should be more than sufficient?

The last time I edited film, it was on a six plate Steenbeck, one track
image, two tracks sound and that's the experience I want to reproduce: you
edit the picture, then, the synchronized sound tracks.

I took a quick look at the Lives site yesterday and pretty much all videos
were of the /experimental/ kind: one sound track with music, many layers of
images and weird effects. That's not what I'm interested in. Will Lives
satisfy my basic needs? Would Cinelerra or Kino be preferable?

  • Re: PPT File Size Guidelines
    ... If you are using .wav sound files, there is a setting in the preferences ... If MacOS starts using the hard drive as RAM ... > sound tracks alone appears to have added 15 mb to the PPT file. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • RE: Music stops playing in PowerPoint 2003 slideshow
    ... Unfortunately probably can't help with sound tracks. ... I have read comments about PowerPoint only being able to ... The real problem comes from trying to run the slideshows on another ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PPT.2002 Any success in adding music to a photo slideshow?
    ... You'll need to "rip" the sound tracks from the CD. ... Then use Insert> Movies and Sounds> Sound from File to insert the track. ... Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team ... (more so than with any of the other slideshow products ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Which equipment for editing HD video?
    ... effects, only cutting, like extending the sound of one shot over the next.. ... edit the picture, then, the synchronized sound tracks. ... I took a quick look at the Lives site yesterday and pretty much all videos ... investigation trying to find a good video editing ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Which equipment for editing HD video?
    ... What kind of equipment is needed for editing HD video. ... effects, only cutting, like extending the sound of one shot over the next. ... edit the picture, then, the synchronized sound tracks. ... I took a quick look at the Lives site yesterday and pretty much all videos ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)