Re: 32 or 64 some questions

Yeah - I see that quite often. However, I refuse categorically to run
Windows natively on my hardware, so only VMware-Player comes into mind.
If Microsoft really wants to forbid me to Run windows on my Machine (I
have the License Sticker on the bottom of my notebook), they can have it
- but they'll have to pay me the full price for windows back (Which is
actually legal in Germany).

BTW - this freedom of choice on what and how I run my OS - is why I love
the linux way.

Aragorn wrote:
I don't mean to sound pedantic, but it does server to note that the
EULA for
neither Windows 2000 nor Windows XP allows use of this Windows license
inside a virtual machine. This might be different for Vista, though.

Of course, what the user does with his licensed copy of Windows is his own
business, not mine. I just thought I'd mention it. ;-)

  • Re: Out with Vista, In with XP???
    ... I think that the Virtual Machine is a great set of training wheels! ... You can purchase it and install that add-on. ... Or - you can install Windows XP in a Virtual Machine and run your old ... the new applications/can get the new applications and no longer need the old ...
  • Re: will my 8400M GS GPU die?
    ... virtual machine is called the ".NET runtime". ... of the Windows-and-web environment, software quailty is still pitifully poor... ... Microsoft would say that it shortens time-to-market. ... Back in 1986, which I was actually developing software for Windows 1.03, I had the balls to ask Steve Ballmer what Microsoft was doing to hide the complexity of the Windows API, implying that even back then the Windows environment was too damned complex for its own good. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: School Project; please read
    ... I would highly recommend using the FREE VMware ... lose data or render the PC unbootable with Windows. ... I'd do a complete Ubuntu installation ... The virtual machine files can be unzipped and run ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Another approach to OS migration
    ... to migrating my audio and video work to Windows 7. ... system to a virtual machine running under Windows 7/64 bits. ... After a number of months struggling with the MS virtual machine offerings ... but I had it on hand for cloning hard drives and it fits well into this ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Internet Explorer emulator?
    ... This was a company in question who requires windows IE? ... When there are no disks and only an all or nothing recovery partition ... there's life outside this virtual machine. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)