Re: Scanner

On 2009-04-18, greymausg@xxxxxxxx <greymausg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi. Slackware 12.2.

I am thinking of getting a scanner, can anyone recommend a brand or
particular model?. I had an Epson that linux would not operate, but I
had an old M$ computer to operate it.
Even a site with recommendations?

I've had good luck with my ancient Epson 640U.

*AVOID* Visioneer, though -- they are explicitly *not* supported and
*don't* work with linux.

--

John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)

  • Re: Scanner
    ... I am thinking of getting a scanner, can anyone recommend a brand or ... I had an Epson that linux would not operate, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Scanner
    ... I am thinking of getting a scanner, can anyone recommend a brand or ... I had an Epson that linux would not operate, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Scanner
    ... I am thinking of getting a scanner, can anyone recommend a brand or ... I had an Epson that linux would not operate, ... software downloadable from the avasys.jp web site. ...