Re: cannot install on M4A78 PRO

I can confirm the same problem on a recently bought M4AN78 PRO with
Phenom II 940, with Ubuntu 9.04 already installed on harddrive. Boot
options have been tried, to no avail. Windows XP installation CD does
not work either, hangs somewhere during startup. Xubuntu 9.04 live cd
does not boot.

Booting of SATA drives, and PCI cards have been removed.

Is it likely to be a MB problem that can be solved by replacing MB
only?

  • Add Ubuntu 13.04 to Windows 7 as a dual-boot
    ... 3rd-party software, or an optical disk to hold the installation files, or a permanent ... shared partition between the two OSes, or toss out Win7's boot menu. ... A USB stick is used to install Ubuntu 13.04 as a dual-boot with Windows 7, ... Ubuntu's launcher for its boot manager is copied to a temporary or permanent ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Add Ubuntu 13.04 to Windows 7 as a dual-boot
    ... 3rd-party software, or an optical disk to hold the installation files, or a permanent ... shared partition between the two OSes, or toss out Win7's boot menu. ... A USB stick is used to install Ubuntu 13.04 as a dual-boot with Windows 7, ... Ubuntu's launcher for its boot manager is copied to a temporary or permanent ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Problem installing on an Acer Aspire One
    ... It will boot Ubuntu off an /install/ on a USB stick, no ... What it won't do is boot any live distro. ... getting confused by the presence of the SD card during installation. ... I tried Meego & Hexxus' Chrome OS in Virtualbox. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Help: Ubuntu 12.04LTS/14.04LTS PXE/netboot/preseed - does not initiate installation
    ... I stumbled on a problem with Ubuntu installation PXE/netboot/preseed. ... I have setup for DHCP/TFTP/NFS which allows me to boot over network "Live Ubuntu" and everything works as it should. ... Next logical step would be automatic installation by utilizing "preseed" file. ... Begin: Configuring gnome-panel-data... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Detecting CDROM drive from FreeDOS boot floppy
    ... I was very impressed by the fact that the use of a boot floppy can circumvent ... I'm trying to run a Live Ubuntu CD, as opposed to a Fedora 2 installation ... I was assuming that a Fedora 2 installation disk and a Live ... start.exe is the right thing to execute. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc)