Re: The GDEs

Ryan McCoskrie wrote:
Sidney Lambe wrote:

You are harmless. People see your malice and dishonesty.
Stop talking about yourself Sid and talk about the system at hand.

Reminds me of an exchange I had with someone like S.L. years ago on a photography newsgroup:

Jason Wesch wrote:

Hey shit for brains. If you would read the post, if you can read, I was
responding to a question. People in this newgroup warned me about your
arrogance. Do you live in a retard home or something?

It seems a little like that, sometimes, but actually I live in an
asylum. On the front door is a sign that says "Come Outside." My
visitors must park on the carpet. It does look a little peculiar, too.
All along what one would normally call the outer wall, which is
decorated in a tasteful interior-designed pink, are bookshelves,
also a couple of those odd three-legged tables with semicircular
tops which stand in such a way is to suggest that someone just
dropped the wall straight through them, and pictures which are
clearly designed to soothe.

The roof is kind-of strange, too. It folds back on itself like
something that Maurice C. Escher, had he been given to hard nights
on the town, which it is no part of my purpose to suggest is the
case, though it is sometimes hard, looking at his pictures,
particularly the one with all the awkward steps, not to wonder, might
have dreamed up after having been on one, for the little chandeliers
which should be hanging inside are on the outside pointing up.
Some people find this confusing.
Inside is where the Outside is. Rough brickwork, nicely done pointing,
gutters in good repair, a garden path, a couple of small trees,
some rooms leading off.

Inside, over the front door is a
sign which reads:
"Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth.
Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out
motion."

You might feel quite at home here, once you learned how to fit in.

^^-^^ 17:25:01 up 4 days, 11:29, 3 users, load average: 4.12, 4.25, 4.27

  • Ricoh Caplio GX8, red rays / lens flare
    ... I bought myself a Ricoh Caplio GX8 today and I like it a lot. ... It occurs clearly indoor while pointing at a bright window, ... resulting pictures, however it seems a bit strange to me. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: debunkers-puppets under hammer
    ... in spite of me pointing you to web sites with a contest to ... >> alterate a Polaroid instamatic pictures. ... Kazoo Konspirator #668 ...
    (sci.astro)
  • Re: Incrementing a field
    ... > without a mouse (except pointing at locations of pictures). ... Well, I have 12 function keys, up-down-left-right keys, a ... especially for someone who doesn't speak ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: 2 my pictures
    ... Right click on each of the My Pictures links and click Properties. ... is just a link or folder named My Pictures and is not pointing to the ... rights. ... Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)