Re: Low power consumption Linux Desktop System

On 3 Ott, 10:05, Grant <g_r_a_n...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm running mostly gigabyte mobos (and a couple Intel), including a
G31 (GA-G33M-DS2R) which works well with slack-13 64bit (E6400 + 4GB).

Also had it going with earlier 32bit slackware versions, this board
came out last year but is still current.  A friend bought one for
linux (he uses Suse) a few weeks ago.

As for low power, my G31 box was happy to run off a 300W inverter
for a couple hours recently :)  Inverter was running stone cold.

Thank You.
Do you know if the Intel matrix storage RAID chipset is supported by
some
Linux driver?

Andrea

  • Re: Where to start?
    ... > - NO knowledge of Linux or Unix ... Get the latest set of Slackware CD's. ... But don't hog tie yourself with the Windows way of doing things. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux Becomes Female?
    ... >> What in the world is feminine about the words SuSE, ... LInux is really a pretty wide field. ... a big thing, Debian and even Slackware. ... of the counterculture are mainstream. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Confessions of a Linux Wannabe
    ... administration gui/tool does little to promote learning of the actual ... Slackware, on the other hand, is much better if you are serious about ... learning Linux. ... Slackware 9.0 still has ALL the latest desktops and browsers ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: machine
    ... Thanks for the excellent response to my questions about linux packaging. ... So there is a package manager of sorts for slackware. ... I wasn't actually going to upgrade because I was ... Mozilla would not install because I have galeon ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: A Newbie Nix Question
    ... > Linux' is the best. ... the GNU/Linux operating system and create your own "distro" by tuning your ... Slackware and RedHat and Mandrake and Suse and Debian and..... ...
    (alt.os.linux)