Re: printer loosing characters

On 2009-10-21, jan olieslagers <adelco_gene_zever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On a newly set up Suse 10.3, some characters (perrhaps 1 in 10 or 1 in
20) get lost when printing through the parallel port; even when copying
a file straight into /dev/lp0. I suspect some conflict/problem with
IRQ's, but how to diagnose this?
TIA,
KA

Could be a defective printer port or cable. Is there any pattern of which
characters are lost? Does the same problem occur with another OS?

  • Re: printer not printing
    ... of a house across the alley), and I lost my landline. ... tried printing from my laptop, which is networked to my desktop ... My husband checked all the physical connections, ... neighbor with a Parallel port machine is more cost effective IMHO. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: printer not printing
    ... and I lost my landline. ... tried printing from my laptop, which is networked to my desktop ... My husband checked all the physical connections, ... neighbor with a Parallel port machine is more cost effective IMHO. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: printer loosing characters
    ... get lost when printing through the parallel port; even when copying a file straight into /dev/lp0. ... I suspect some conflict/problem with IRQ's, ... And no I cannot find a pattern in what characters get lost. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)