Re: printer loosing characters

Bill Marcum schreef:
On 2009-10-21, jan olieslagers <adelco_gene_zever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On a newly set up Suse 10.3, some characters (perrhaps 1 in 10 or 1 in 20) get lost when printing through the parallel port; even when copying a file straight into /dev/lp0. I suspect some conflict/problem with IRQ's, but how to diagnose this?
TIA,
KA

Could be a defective printer port or cable. Is there any pattern of which
characters are lost? Does the same problem occur with another OS?

Sorry I should have elaborated there. Both printer and cable work OK on another computer so it must be in the SuSE box.
And no I cannot find a pattern in what characters get lost.

  • ABCs Lost returns for second season
    ... ABC's 'Lost' returns for second season ... group of plane crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island. ... "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said viewers can relate to the ... "At the end of the day, the show at its core is about the characters," ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • LNH/META: The Integrity Quest Companion
    ... Stephane Savoie & Hubert Bartels) ... Douglas P. Wojtowicz, aka LOST CAUSE BOY, comes to ... Lost Cause Boy wanders about LNHHQ until he comes ... unstoppable as his favourite characters and storylines ...
    (rec.arts.comics.creative)
  • Re: Alcatraz... Mondat 16th January
    ... to revive the success of lost... ... Abrams had little creative input into Lost after the first series; ... but the characters seemed uniformly unpleasant. ... Walking Dead" doesn't have enough zombies. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: Time and place in the breakout novel
    ... the setting, characters and plot are strange or relentlessly mundane, ... I'm lost by the end of the first page. ... line is the Faded Sun series, followed closely by the Morgaine series. ... In the second, the characters may ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)