Re: printer loosing characters

Bill Marcum schreef:
On 2009-10-21, jan olieslagers <adelco_gene_zever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On a newly set up Suse 10.3, some characters (perrhaps 1 in 10 or 1 in 20) get lost when printing through the parallel port; even when copying a file straight into /dev/lp0. I suspect some conflict/problem with IRQ's, but how to diagnose this?
TIA,
KA

Could be a defective printer port or cable. Is there any pattern of which
characters are lost? Does the same problem occur with another OS?

Sorry I should have elaborated there. Both printer and cable work OK on another computer so it must be in the SuSE box.
And no I cannot find a pattern in what characters get lost.
.