Re: printer loosing characters

Henrik Carlqvist schreef:
jan olieslagers <adelco_gene_zever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Both printer and cable work OK on another computer so it must be in the SuSE box.

Did you try different settings for the parallel port (SPP? EPP? ECP?),
those settings are usually done in the CMOS setup.

regards Henrik

Morning Henrik,
No, I do think the CMOS set-up will be the next point of attack but should first like to know what settings Linux assumes for the printer port, in particular the IRQ.

PS hear you later today professionally, I suppose?

  • Re: printer loosing characters
    ... another computer so it must be in the SuSE box. ... those settings are usually done in the CMOS setup. ... This did the trick indeed, my suspicion was at IRQ but all was OK after I changed the CMOS setup from ECP to Normal. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Suse 9.1 is seriously in need of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... Sound system does NOT remember volume settings. ... > questions asked in the SuSE groups. ... On a fresh install, the sound system is set to no volume (at least ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Strange behavior on connecting to DHCP network
    ... Everyone around me was able to connect using XP and W2k laptops, with *no* special settings or software, but I couldn't send or receive any network traffic, even though my connection *looked* fine. ... I was able to manually change my SuSE 9.1 laptop setup and successfully connect to the internet through this WiFi gateway. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: [SLE] predictable crashes
    ... Played with both, had sound on both, changed settings ... >> of trying to blame something or someone for the problem. ... >> I'm not trying to take all the blame off SuSE either, ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Reinstall of 11.1 troubles
    ... After I got some updates, my system crashed and failed to start up after that, with lots of complaints about problems with the iptables. ... When the SuSE installation software was setting things up, did it bother to make a backup of the repositories I had already set up? ... The display has come up in a low resolution mode and I am installing this using a 1080x1200 monitor. ... All of the necessary buttons to Accept settings are off screen and these tools do not supply a scroll bar in order for me to bring these buttons on screen. ...
    (SuSE)