Re: printer loosing characters

Henrik Carlqvist schreef:
jan olieslagers <adelco_gene_zever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Both printer and cable work OK on another computer so it must be in the SuSE box.

Did you try different settings for the parallel port (SPP? EPP? ECP?),
those settings are usually done in the CMOS setup.

regards Henrik

Morning Henrik,
No, I do think the CMOS set-up will be the next point of attack but should first like to know what settings Linux assumes for the printer port, in particular the IRQ.

PS hear you later today professionally, I suppose?

  • Re: printer loosing characters
    ... another computer so it must be in the SuSE box. ... those settings are usually done in the CMOS setup. ... This did the trick indeed, my suspicion was at IRQ but all was OK after I changed the CMOS setup from ECP to Normal. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Suse 9.1 is seriously in need of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... Sound system does NOT remember volume settings. ... > questions asked in the SuSE groups. ... On a fresh install, the sound system is set to no volume (at least ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Strange behavior on connecting to DHCP network
    ... Everyone around me was able to connect using XP and W2k laptops, with *no* special settings or software, but I couldn't send or receive any network traffic, even though my connection *looked* fine. ... I was able to manually change my SuSE 9.1 laptop setup and successfully connect to the internet through this WiFi gateway. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Reinstall of 11.1 troubles
    ... After I got some updates, my system crashed and failed to start up after that, with lots of complaints about problems with the iptables. ... When the SuSE installation software was setting things up, did it bother to make a backup of the repositories I had already set up? ... The display has come up in a low resolution mode and I am installing this using a 1080x1200 monitor. ... All of the necessary buttons to Accept settings are off screen and these tools do not supply a scroll bar in order for me to bring these buttons on screen. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Toshiba Satellite 5205-S503
    ... Has anybody ever got linux to run properly on this model? ... Every time I tried to change any of the settings in Yast (even mouse ... I just removed the 4496 driver and replaced it with the 4363 driver and ... I'd really like to get SuSE running on this machine so any suggestions ...
    (SuSE)