Re: printer loosing characters

Henrik Carlqvist schreef:
jan olieslagers <adelco_gene_zever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Both printer and cable work OK on another computer so it must be in the SuSE box.

Did you try different settings for the parallel port (SPP? EPP? ECP?),
those settings are usually done in the CMOS setup.

regards Henrik

Morning Henrik,
No, I do think the CMOS set-up will be the next point of attack but should first like to know what settings Linux assumes for the printer port, in particular the IRQ.

PS hear you later today professionally, I suppose?

  • Re: printer loosing characters
    ... another computer so it must be in the SuSE box. ... those settings are usually done in the CMOS setup. ... This did the trick indeed, my suspicion was at IRQ but all was OK after I changed the CMOS setup from ECP to Normal. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Suse 9.1 is seriously in need of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... Sound system does NOT remember volume settings. ... > questions asked in the SuSE groups. ... On a fresh install, the sound system is set to no volume (at least ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Strange behavior on connecting to DHCP network
    ... Everyone around me was able to connect using XP and W2k laptops, with *no* special settings or software, but I couldn't send or receive any network traffic, even though my connection *looked* fine. ... I was able to manually change my SuSE 9.1 laptop setup and successfully connect to the internet through this WiFi gateway. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Toshiba Satellite 5205-S503
    ... Has anybody ever got linux to run properly on this model? ... Every time I tried to change any of the settings in Yast (even mouse ... I just removed the 4496 driver and replaced it with the 4363 driver and ... I'd really like to get SuSE running on this machine so any suggestions ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: [SLE] predictable crashes
    ... Played with both, had sound on both, changed settings ... >> of trying to blame something or someone for the problem. ... >> I'm not trying to take all the blame off SuSE either, ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
    (SuSE)