Re: Newer old hardware

GangGreene <GangGreene@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bobbie Sellers wrote:
I don't see any reason to stick with 32 bit
versions unless you have a tool that won't work with
the 64 bit Linux.

That would be wine

Wine is one of the reasons to make sure that you choose a 64 bit
distribution with multilib support to also be able to run 32 bit binary
applications.

regards Henrik
hc123(at)poolhem.se Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  • Re: Newer old hardware
    ... the 64 bit Linux. ... Wine is one of the reasons to make sure that you choose a 64 bit ... except that the multi lib OS with doesn't work with all programs ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Betov`s petty war again...?
    ... Possible reasons are: ... It easy enough to install WINE on any existing Linux distribution. ... introducing it as a Programming Tool for writing PEs, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Newer old hardware
    ... Scott Alfter wrote: ... Wine is one of the reasons to make sure that you choose a 64 bit ... mix of my code and some 3rd-party controls), served up by a Linux VPS ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Newer old hardware
    ... GangGreene wrote: ... Wine is one of the reasons to make sure that you choose a 64 bit ... mix of my code and some 3rd-party controls), served up by a Linux VPS ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    ... adding fonts to wine linux ... download linux wine emulator ... linux wine install internet explorer ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)