Re: Newer old hardware

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 08:07 in comp.os.linux.hardware, Henrik
Carlqvist enlightened humanity with the following words...:

GangGreene <GangGreene@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bobbie Sellers wrote:

I don't see any reason to stick with 32 bit
versions unless you have a tool that won't work with
the 64 bit Linux.

That would be wine

Wine is one of the reasons to make sure that you choose a 64 bit
distribution with multilib support to also be able to run 32 bit
binary applications.

There are, of course - and I am thoroughly aware of how rare this has
become on Usenet these days - those of us who have no need for Wine,
since it is intended to run applications written for a pseudo operating
system, and the FLOSS version of Wine is either way limited to running
Wintendo applications for which there are much better native GNU/Linux
alternatives. ;-)

--
Aragorn
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)