Re: failure of Ethernet jack?
- From: philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 01:46:24 -0500
On 08/31/2011 04:32 PM, dan wrote:
On 8/31/2011 3:06 PM, Trevor Hemsley wrote:On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:00:43 UTC in comp.os.linux.hardware, Vwaju
I'm guessing that this Ethernet jack has somehow gone bad.
Get a bright torch and shine it inside the socket and see if there's
crap on one
of the connectors. Also check to see if they look like they are the
of level and if not, try to (gently) lever the one(s) that are lower
up a bit.
Probably best to perform this operation with the power _off_!
If that doesn't work get a new card. Assuming PCI, it'll run you $5-$15.
it's a laptop
so no as easy as just replacing the card.
Since working on laptops is more like watch repair than computer repair...I'd do things the easy way and use a PCMCIA card
- Prev by Date: Re: Newer old hardware
- Next by Date: Re: failure of Ethernet jack?
- Previous by thread: Re: Newer old hardware
- Next by thread: Re: failure of Ethernet jack?