Re: Selecting a hard drive

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 01:11:31 +0000, Roger Blake rearranged some electrons
to say:

On 2011-09-14, GangGreene <GangGreene@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh first computer, that would be an 6800 breadboard computer with a
little bit of static ram, as in 256 bytes....Yes Bytes.

You had 256 bytes? My first computer had rubber bands and pegs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digi-Comp_I

I had forgotten about that one... I had one of those too.

  • Re: Selecting a hard drive
    ... nowadays. ... Oh first computer, that would be an 6800 breadboard computer with a ... little bit of static ram, ... You should take up embedded systems programming - then you can go back ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Selecting a hard drive
    ... nowadays. ... I didn't get my first computer until 1979, but there wasn't even a floppy ... Oh first computer, that would be an 6800 breadboard computer with a little ... The smallest I've used had 1K flash for program memory, 64 bytes eeprom, and no static ram at all - all you had was the 32 8-bit registers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)