Re: Scanner Canon Lide 110 returns black page

On 01/11/2012 11:15 PM, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, philo wrote:

On 01/11/2012 11:20 AM, Magnus Warker wrote:
Help!

I am out of ideas

but just for the heck of it, try running Sane as root

I thought of that too, but he said in his first post that he had tried
that.

Oops I missed that

If I remember properly, and it has been a while, I couldn't use my
scanner until I added myself to the pertinent group. And the thing was,
it didn't seem like it was needed, something seemed to work (though
maybe it was just the software) but I didn't get a scanned page. It
seemed at the time like the problem was somehow bigger, yet adding
myself to the pertinent group got things going.

Michael

.