Re: Scanner Canon Lide 110 returns black page

On 01/11/2012 11:15 PM, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, philo wrote:

On 01/11/2012 11:20 AM, Magnus Warker wrote:
Help!

I am out of ideas

but just for the heck of it, try running Sane as root

I thought of that too, but he said in his first post that he had tried
that.

Oops I missed that

If I remember properly, and it has been a while, I couldn't use my
scanner until I added myself to the pertinent group. And the thing was,
it didn't seem like it was needed, something seemed to work (though
maybe it was just the software) but I didn't get a scanned page. It
seemed at the time like the problem was somehow bigger, yet adding
myself to the pertinent group got things going.

Michael

  • Re: Scanner Canon Lide 110 returns black page
    ... but just for the heck of it, try running Sane as root ... If I remember properly, and it has been a while, I couldn't use my scanner until I added myself to the pertinent group. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Scan does not work on either F-16 box -
    ... Box9, as root, found the HP-5370 scanner and copied a page as ... Next to find the permissions problem but this is good progress ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Scan does not work on either F-16 box -
    ... Box9, as root, found the HP-5370 scanner and copied a page as ... Next to find the permissions problem but this is good progress ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Using scanner with FreeBSD. A nightmare!
    ... on the german lists we had this discussion about scanner ... I decided to do everything as root, also running X11 as root (I know, ... I think I can put sane again on my notebook and have a few ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [opensuse] Only root can use scanner on SuSE 10.2
    ... nothing will work, but being root. ... On the server the saned is set up and launched via xinetd. ... ] used on the local host too. ... To access such a scanner as normal user on the local ...
    (SuSE)