Re: hd malfunction

Hello,

john connolly a écrit :
Hi,
An old pc bit the dust when after it was not used for a couple of
months the hard drive failed. In fooling with the thing I found that I
could not tell if the disk was spinning or not. Is there a simple way to
do that?

Unmount the disk from the computer case, while keeping the power cable
connected. Power the PC on, take the disk in your hand and tilt it
gently in any direction. If you feel some resistance, then the platters
are spinning. It is the gyroscopic effect.

  • Retro computer magnetic drum
    ... I'm playing with an old hard disk drive (WD Caviar 280). ... spinning with a crude 3-phase unipolar driver - no Hall sensors - no back ... I tried connecting an almost flat 9V battery across the coil while the disk ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Moon Disks
    ... spin part of it, then change the holder, then spin the rest? ... It's pressed up against the disk, ... Lathes ... In spinning wrinkling usually results from trying to move the material to much in a pass and it wrinkles rather shrinks. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Word 2003 Keeps Crashing