Re: HDMI sound on GeForce 8400GS

Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:pan.2012.01.22.12.02.20.468175@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

root <NoEMail@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I decided that I only invoked mplayer under X in
a few places so it was best for me to just include
-ao alsa:device=hw=1.7
in those scripts.

Or you could try putting the following in ~/.mplayer/config
ao=alsa:device=hw=1.7

regards Henrik

It appears to me that the key is /etc/asound.conf

Would all of you (root, Clark & Henrik) be so kind as to post the
content of asound.conf along with a description of your sound card(s)?

In .mplayer/config are the section headers honored? By that I mean
that if [gnome-mplayer] and [mplayer] both exist, will each
corresponding software only use the entries specific to it? I get the
feeling that since gnome-mplayer is only a front end, it will look at
everything...
--
buck

  • Re: David Tennant In General
    ... The scripts just seem so ... It was annoying enough with Eccleston and should have ended with him regenerating. ... Imagine him saying aren't Chiness people wonderful instead of Humans. ... really got the feeling of 'oh well...about time'. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • David Tennant In General
    ... The scripts just seem so ... IMO the promise shown by the first series with Eccleston has ... really got the feeling of 'oh well...about time'. ... though we have seen the back of Rose's dreary mother and her ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: [VERY OT] Is everybody here over 35? If not, do you know what Usenet is?
    ... FreeRTOS.org escreveu: ... :-) here we attribute it to the non skilled workers they put to save some buck in the hourly wages they pay... ... It work more or less so: they pay a high profile company to do the support that creates a lot of scripts based on docs from the equipment manufacturers w/o taking care of particularities of the installation, then they hire the cheapest people they can and "train" they to read the scripts and be polite at the phone. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: [SLE] Remastering Linux
    ... Josephine wrote: ... I have a feeling I sent *you* my previous mail, ... In the meantime you can post the scripts to do it.. ... Ciao, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: HDMI sound on GeForce 8400GS
    ... buck wrote: ... in those scripts. ... Would all of you (root, Clark & Henrik) be so kind as to post the ... I could control which sound device works with each application ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)