Re: Bluetooth headset in linux from scratch: howto ?

Which Linux distribution are you using. Most of the morden distribution for example takes care of this automatically. You just have to pair frst. In mplayer set audio output to the driver which is responsible for your system sound.

On 2012-02-10 09:56:30 +0000, fdelente said:

Hello.

I've been looking for a while but can't get a bluetooth headset to
pair and work with my linux pc.

I have seen that btsco is obsolete, and that everything should be
handled by bluetoothd (I have compiled bluez-4.98 with alsa support by
the way).

I can see the headset adress with hcitool scan.

# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:18:91:D0:7A:24 hear01

I can establish a connection with it with "rfcomm connect 1
$HEAR01" (this variable holds the address of the headset) and hcitool
scan seems to show that the connection is established:

# hcitool con
Connections:
< ACL 00:18:91:D0:7A:24 handle 42 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH
ENCRYPT

I have defined a "btheadset" device in my .asoundrc:

# cat .asoundrc
...snip...
pcm.btheadset {
type bluetooth
device "00:18:91:D0:7A:24"
profile "auto"
}
ctl.btheadset {
type bluetooth
}

but I can't get mplayer to use this device:

# mplayer -ao alsa:device=btheadset file.mp3
... snip...
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Connection refused
Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=btheadset'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Exiting... (End of file)

Any help out there? Thanks!

  • No video output after upgrading a Debain/instable system
    ... I have been using Mplayer 1.0pre5 without any problem. ... play a file with mplayer a window opens but there is no video. ... STREAM: Description: File ... ==> Found audio stream: 1 ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: xine was unable to initialize any audio drivers (in sid)
    ... No sound when using amarok. ... If you invoke mplayer on a sound file from the command line, does it work and what does it say about the audio driver? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Win32codecs on x86_64
    ... Installed mplayer and it selected it's i586 dependencies ... If I download and play locally I get audio with no visible ... Video: no video ... Real not Win32. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Mplayer cannot find codec?
    ... file, there is no sound, and I get the error "Cannot find codec for audio ... I get this error regardless of what format I ... I also have no audio when using devede to convert ... I got the latest essential-20071007.tar from the mplayer web ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Pinnacle and Dazzle
    ... registered new interface driver em28xx ... I have never used usb audio, but guessing from the blog example I would try ... I can now get video and sound, although the volume is low, but it is there. ... The mplayer just quit, and won't restart, so I'll reboot and let it run ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)