Re: Bluetooth headset in linux from scratch: howto ?

Which Linux distribution are you using. Most of the morden distribution for example takes care of this automatically. You just have to pair frst. In mplayer set audio output to the driver which is responsible for your system sound.

On 2012-02-10 09:56:30 +0000, fdelente said:

Hello.

I've been looking for a while but can't get a bluetooth headset to
pair and work with my linux pc.

I have seen that btsco is obsolete, and that everything should be
handled by bluetoothd (I have compiled bluez-4.98 with alsa support by
the way).

I can see the headset adress with hcitool scan.

# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:18:91:D0:7A:24 hear01

I can establish a connection with it with "rfcomm connect 1
$HEAR01" (this variable holds the address of the headset) and hcitool
scan seems to show that the connection is established:

# hcitool con
Connections:
< ACL 00:18:91:D0:7A:24 handle 42 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH
ENCRYPT

I have defined a "btheadset" device in my .asoundrc:

# cat .asoundrc
...snip...
pcm.btheadset {
type bluetooth
device "00:18:91:D0:7A:24"
profile "auto"
}
ctl.btheadset {
type bluetooth
}

but I can't get mplayer to use this device:

# mplayer -ao alsa:device=btheadset file.mp3
... snip...
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Connection refused
Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=btheadset'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Exiting... (End of file)

Any help out there? Thanks!