Re: lan card speed

wexfordpress <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The new barebones system Iwill be building comes wih an integral lan
port rated at 10 and 100 cps,
some other boards run at 1000 cps.

I suppose you mean Mbps? (Mega bits per second)

For ordinary web browsing, downloads etc is 100 adequate or must I use
up a slot for a faster card?

Unless your internet provider has a service which gives you more than 100
Mb/s you have no use for a 1 Gb/s card while doing web browsing and
downloads from internet.

On the other hand, today it is almost hard to find NICs slower than 1 Gb/s.

regards Henrik
hc351(at)poolhem.se Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
root@localhost postmaster@localhost

.