Re: Brother HL-2140 printing light grayish bars ...

On Saturday 05 May 2012 09:09, Henrik Carlqvist conveyed the following
to comp.os.linux.hardware...

lbrt chx _ gemale wrote:

I got a Brother HL-2140 printer which has been great so far.
~
I did block the counter sensors in order to print more pages but
then even if I change the cartridge it still prints light grayish
bars
~
How is wrong with it?

You probably do not only have to replace the toner cartridge but also
the drum.

And when it comes to that, you'll probably be spending less money on an
all new printer than on a new drum.

That's the strategy printer manufacturers have adopted many years ago
already; they make the printers very cheap so as to trick the public
into buying them, but the real cost comes when it's time to replace the
drum.

--
= Aragorn =
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  • Re: Brother HL-2140 printing light grayish bars ...
    ... I did block the counter sensors in order to print more pages but then ... even if I change the cartridge it still prints light grayish bars ... You probably do not only have to replace the toner cartridge but also ... all new printer than on a new drum. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Ink Cartridges
    ... drum to be replaced after around 20,000 copies, others it's 30,000. ... is one Samsung machine that does only 2,000 pages but the cartridge ... Do you want duplexing (double sided printing)? ... The paper feed rollers have probably perished (you ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Linux friendly duplex laser?
    ... I have only risked a refurb cartridge once, ... The thing about HP cartridges is that they contain toner AND a drum. ... I imagine that those who refurbish toner cartridges don't deliberately ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Laser printer image ghosting
    ... The problem I have seen quite often, and obviously moreso with printers which do not replace the drum when the toner cartridge runs out, is that the wiper blade tends to degrade. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Light band on laser printing
    ... The cartridge is old (bought new ... redistribute the toner doesn't fix the problem. ... a burned out transfer film in the fuser, dirty scrubber in the fuser, ... gouged toner drum, gouged fuser drum, etc. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)