Re: Brother HL-2140 printing light grayish bars ...

On Saturday 05 May 2012 09:09, Henrik Carlqvist conveyed the following
to comp.os.linux.hardware...

lbrt chx _ gemale wrote:

I got a Brother HL-2140 printer which has been great so far.
~
I did block the counter sensors in order to print more pages but
then even if I change the cartridge it still prints light grayish
bars
~
How is wrong with it?

You probably do not only have to replace the toner cartridge but also
the drum.

And when it comes to that, you'll probably be spending less money on an
all new printer than on a new drum.

That's the strategy printer manufacturers have adopted many years ago
already; they make the printers very cheap so as to trick the public
into buying them, but the real cost comes when it's time to replace the
drum.

--
= Aragorn =
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)