Re: Brother HL-2140 printing light grayish bars ...

On 2012-05-05, Aragorn <stryder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's the strategy printer manufacturers have adopted many years ago
already; they make the printers very cheap so as to trick the public
into buying them, but the real cost comes when it's time to replace the
drum.

Do HP printers still package the drum in the toner cartridge?
I have an ancient HP 4L printer that refuses to die, part of the
reason is probably because it gets a fresh drum every time the toner
is replaced.

"Climate policy has almost nothing to do anymore with environmental
protection... the next world climate summit in Cancun is actually
an economy summit during which the distribution of the world's
resources will be negotiated." -- Ottmar Edenhofer, IPCC

  • Re: Does anyone still use (real) DEC line printers?
    ... characters, strikes multiple characters at a time with hammers. ... The aforementioned LP05 was one of those with a rotating drum, ... Mannesmann line matrix printers, connected to VMS boxes via the ... used to be used for things that still required multipart ...
    (comp.sys.dec)
  • Re: printer history
    ... is, in my experience, usually limited to wire-based impact printers. ... the drum only turns one way. ... For toner cartridge printers, the drum (and photoconductor) ... That sounds like a lot of LEDs, ...
    (comp.lang.pl1)
  • Re: Can I clean a printer drum?
    ... Some printers and copiers have drums that ... the drum with Kensington "Lint Free Wipes" (plus a little saliva for a stubborn ... Of course my copier isn't heavily used. ... supply store for roughly the price of a toner cartridge. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Laser printer and a drum?
    ... me and warned me not to consider any Brother laser printers, ... only one has to replace a color toner when it runs out, ... She said once the drum goes, ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Information wanted: Oki color LED printers
    ... laser assembly but with a row of LEDs. ... On the other hand I have seen many failed laser assemblies. ... OKI colour printers have the advantage of a flat paper path allowing easy ... Remanufacturing the drum units is not for ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)