JPEG2000 in linux

From: JoŽl Bourquard (nospam---numlock_at_freesurf.ch)
Date: 07/26/03

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:52:54 -0100

Hi,

I'm trying to find a free linux library or program that can encode (or
at least decode) jpeg2000 files, but no luck so far..

I heard xnview supports jpeg2000, so I tried it but it seems the linux
executable is old version 1.50...

What can I do ?

TIA
JoŽl

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need a bit of information about Compression
    ... either encode a full length, or a length mod some constant. ... Yes, full Length coding, arithmetic coding which is certainly better ... if you are decoding, say, 1024 symbols, then you stop as soon as you decode ... less common is to set up some special condition, where the eof is ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Sending floats over a client-server in Smalltalk
    ... The trick is knowing what to decode them ... Then encode the number in the remaining bytes. ... ByteString>>floatAt: byteIndex ... I could then take a string ...
    (comp.lang.smalltalk)
  • Re: Learning python networking
    ... and you're writing with no Unicode handling. ... For what you're doing here, for instance, I would packetize ... the bytes and then decode into text, and on sending, I'd encode text ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: How to flip a coin over e-mail?
    ... >between these outcomes. ... You encode the room descriptions with your key A, coding each entry ... there's one entry left on the list which you can decode to ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: unicode and hashlib
    ... Of course my dyslexia sticks out here as I get encode and decode exactly ... Characters are "encoded" to a byte format. ... You decode from on character set to a unicode object ...
    (comp.lang.python)