Re: image viewing program? (With thumnail gallery)

From: Andy Baxter (news2_at_earthsong.null.free-online.co.uk)
Date: 10/02/03

Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:39:49 +0100

Alex Hunsley wrote:

> My friend is sick of win98 and trying out linux. I'm trying to find an
> image viewing program for linux, something along the lines of paint shop
> pro or ACDsee, that lets you view a directory as a thumbnail gallery,
> can anyone recommend such a program for linux? (Actually editing the
> images is less important, but would be a nice feature too...)
> thanks,
> alex

The standard KDE file browser, konqueror, has an option to view all image
files as thumbnails. When you hover the mouse over an image file, a window
pops up with a larger preview of the image. You can then right click and
get a menu asking which program to use to preview or edit the image with.

andy.

--
remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.