Unable to login through graphical login

From: Crusher (starcrushed_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/09/03

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:52:22 +0800

I am not able to my linux system through the graphical login as any user.
After I key in the password and press enter, the screen will go blank and
return back to the graphical login screen again. My system is at run level 5
and the last thing I did was killing the kdm process because X window had
hung.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to login through graphical login
    ... > I am not able to my linux system through the graphical login as any user. ... Debug your user login sequence. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: xorg, xdm, desktop env
    ... After reboot I see a graphical login window. ... XDM graphical window) or do you still need to install a Desktop environment ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • xorg, xdm, desktop env
    ... After reboot I see a graphical login window. ... XDM graphical window) or do you still need to install a Desktop environment ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: xorg, xdm, desktop env
    ... After reboot I see a graphical login window. ... XDM graphical window) or do you still need to install a Desktop environment ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [SLE] Re: How to boot to ugly DOS-like screen instead of pretty log-on screen
    ... as I would on distros past. ... 'select a window manager'??? ... If it is kdm that's somehow starting in runlevel 3, ... graphical login, and run 'insserv -r xdm' to make it not start at boot ...
    (SuSE)