OpenOffice - printing direct from the command line

From: Dave Shield (D.T.Shield_at_csc.liv.ac.uk)
Date: 10/31/03

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:24:07 +0000

Quick question:

Is there any way to invoke Open Office from the command line,
such that it takes the specified file and prints it directly?
I.e. without needing any User Interface interaction?

We've got a requirement to print out a couple of hundred
Word files, and I'd rather not have to sit there doing each
one by hand!

Or if anyone's got any ideas for an alternative approach
to tackle this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Dave

Relevant Pages

  • [opensuse] Re: [Unsuccessful installation of operating system]
    ... This error is returned if the specified file name cannot be ... some type of error which usually can be worked around by using the Grub ... then exit the text menu to reach the command prompt in the ... allowing it to show you what kernel and/or initrdit can find. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Newbie: Match some lines in one file to another file?
    ... You can use the "join" command as follows. ... return all records from the specified file and only the ones from the ... other file where a match was made on a specified field. ... equivalent of doing an outer join in an RDBMS. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: TextWrangler as CVS editor?
    ... around problems with multiple words in the editor name.) ... BBEdit and TextWrangler's command line tools launch the ... application and open the specified file but don't wait for the user to ... This means that CVS sees 'edit' returning immediately ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • find -exec command help
    ... I am currently struggling with a command that will look for files newer ... than a specified file and tar them to a new file in a bash shell. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: OpenOffice - printing direct from the command line
    ... >Is there any way to invoke Open Office from the command line, ... >such that it takes the specified file and prints it directly? ... putting in "OpenOffice command line print" in a Google search to come up ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)