Re: Please Help W/Wget.

From: Mark Hill (mark_usenet_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 11/22/03

Date: 22 Nov 2003 09:19:43 GMT

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:57:42 +1100,
C3 <user@host.com> wrote:
> While we're on the topic of wget, does anybody know how to get wget to
> download every linked file from a web server directory that is just a plain
> old apache directory listing?

I think the --recursive or --mirror options will do what you want.

> Also, does anybody know how to do the above while specifying only a certain
> file type, like JPG?

Try the --accept option. There's an example section in man wget, which
shows all these options in use.

--
Mark Hill <usenet@mark.ukfsn.org> (Yahoo address not read)
GPG KeyID: 4A3B58AC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Please Help W/Wget.
    ... While we're on the topic of wget, does anybody know how to get wget to ... download every linked file from a web server directory that is just a plain ... does anybody know how to do the above while specifying only a certain ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Free Metalworking Plans
    ... NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. ... | I Dl'd the lathe plans, ... Use something like Wget ... or some other worthy download manager to retrieve it. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Wget usage : request for comments
    ... I am going to start a small project to analyze ... 8 websites with hyperlinks, images, js, etc.. ... I will use wget as a crawler (I like command ... seems I can't download the results in text format. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • I/O or CPU bandwidth issue or wget issue or perhaps isp???
    ... negligible when I start wget. ... a while chokes as above. ... The download speeds fluctuate as low as a few hundred ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: I/O or CPU bandwidth issue or wget issue or perhaps isp???