Re: RedHat 9 and newer version of Apache webserver...

From: Robert Heller (heller_at_deepsoft.com)
Date: 12/11/03

Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:49:58 +0000

  Lenard <lenard@127.0.0.1>,
  In a message on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:28:01 GMT, wrote :

L> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:53:50 +0000, Robert Heller typed:
L>
L> > https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2003-240.html
L> >
L> > I am working with the 2.0.40-21.5 SRPM! This is *still* 2.0.40 -- I am
L> > looking for a newer base release of Apache's httpd, 2.0.47 or 2.0.48.
L>
L> Quoting from the above link;
L>
L> All users of the Apache HTTP Web Server are advised to upgrade to the
L> applicable errata packages, which contain back-ported fixes correcting
L> these issues, and are applied to Apache version 2.0.40.
L>
L> In other words Red Hat took the fixes for bugs found by Ben Laurie and
L> Yoshioka Tsuneo and added them to the 2.0.40 source code and recompiled
L> the RPM's.

I suspect that they only dealt with the various *security* issues and
not other, more obscure issues that are not security related.

I *also* suspect that the bug I am encountering might not in fact be
fixed in a newer release of the server, but the people on the httpd
mailing list are not being real helpful, since they are not interested
in fixing bugs in *old* versions (this is understandable).

L> Since you have the SRPM's then take the time and read the change.log file.
L>
L> But if your looking for newer RPM's try http://rpmfind.net type in httpd
L> and you'll find;
L>
L> Apache HTTP Server RawHide 1.0 Sources httpd-2.0.47-10.src.rpm

I might try this RPM. I did get one newer SRC RPM from
http://rpmfind.net for some RedHat release, but was not able to just
build it under RH 9 -- it had a pile of build (recursive)
dependencies... I'll try this one.

L> --
L> SCO + RICO Act = Justice
L>
L> Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

                                     \/
Robert Heller ||InterNet: heller@cs.umass.edu
http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/~heller || heller@deepsoft.com
http://www.deepsoft.com /\FidoNet: 1:321/153