Re: SuSE 8.2 kdm vs RH 9 kdm -- XDMCP

From: Andrew DeFaria (Andrew_at_DeFaria.com)
Date: 12/18/03

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:57:13 -0800

Dave Brown wrote:

> In article <HLtsD4.CCt@ozemail.com.au>, Jack Strangio wrote:
>
>> jvstrangio@ozemail.com.au (Jack Strangio) writes:

>>> Is xdm running on the SuSe machine?
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot to say have you changed your xdm-config file also?
>>
>> add a '!' to the 'requestPort' line as below:
>>
>> ! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
>> ! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
>> !DisplayManager.requestPort: 0
>
> Yes, I'd "fixed" that also.

Was there any final resolution for this because I have a similar problem
with SuSE 8.2 and using Cygwin/XFree86. I've been pulling my hair out
over this for a few days now. Don't understand what is wrong, the X
server starts but no chooser or any other application starts.

--
When something is "new and improved!". Which is it? If it's new, then
there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then

Relevant Pages

  • Re: curses trouble no. 21390: resizeterm / init_color
    ... What do you want to use resizeterm for? ... I need a specific resolution for my game 33x89 to be exact. ... Not all terminals support ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Re: Purchasing a new high end multimeter
    ... I use instrument WHEN I need them. ... And the amount is ... See DM, that's better resolution. ... of rise of voltage across the terminals (during a particularly ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: [opensuse] 11.2 a big step backwards?
    ... resolution in MC than in the rest of X, and a different font size in MC than ... All other terminals I've tried while running KDE start up in mousetype mode, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: VMS, XDM, and remote connections...
    ... The XDM protocol specifies that the X terminal makes a broadcast request ... early XDM support by populating the XSERVERS.TXT file, ... This basically makes XDM behave a bit like 3270 terminals: ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: How to get an X server system to send XDMCP?
    ... > I need to make an X server act as an X-terminal ... > start teh X server and then get that xdm on the far system to ... put up a menu of systems (the chooser) and then ... Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm ...
    (freebsd-questions)