64-bit Linux pricing - yeepers!

From: Seth Brundle (brundlefly76_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/26/04

Date: 26 Jan 2004 01:11:18 -0800

I have used nothing but RH 7.2 the last few years as I never needed
anything more for my servers.

However I was specing out parts to build a dual opteron mysql server
today and realized that I might need to pay $700 for a copy of Linux
that will run on dual 64-bit processors.

Is this true?

If so, anyone have any recommendations on which 64-bit distro?
Im inclined to stick to RH all other things being equal.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: out-dated linux
    ... At home me & my family are using the SuSE 9.1 distro. ... but it is running some servers as well. ... Linux will not become unstable from lack of updates. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Time to start Linuxing..some questions?
    ... servers. ... Server only/command line/Telnet blah blah blah. ... Now I need a distro. ... use of VMWARE for some PC windows apps, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Time to start Linuxing..some questions?
    ... Now I need a distro. ... looks and feels just like Windows' window manager on it. ... You can install MandrivaOne onto your ... servers if you get tired of doing it by hand. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Time to start Linuxing..some questions?
    ... Now I need a distro. ... looks and feels just like Windows' window manager on it. ... you can choose to install as much or as little as you want. ... servers if you get tired of doing it by hand. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: answers
    ... > HotSwap and HotFix. ... port this box should have with a little luck, ... Consumer distro tend to out-date quickly and updating distro ... but so i would need 3 servers. ...
    (alt.os.linux)