Re: Piracy attempts?

From: Peter Köhlmann (Peter.Koehlmann_at_t-online.de)
Date: 02/01/04

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:42:40 +0100

Kenneth Ray Sprinkles Jr wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 07:51:39 +0000, Davide Bianchi wrote:
>
>> Baard Ove Kopperud <bokoppeNOSpamHere@frisurf.no> wrote:
>>> Windows -- comes with servers for everything (HTTP, FTP, SSH, Telnet,
>>> POP, SMTP
>>
>> And those are -by default- turned off. With the exception of SSH
>> everything else have to be enabled by hand. At least is like this on
>> every distribution I tested.
>> BTW, if you are using linux, you are _supposed_ to know what you are
>> doing.
>>
>> Davide
>

> Well if this is true then linux never will be a threat to windows, because
> most windows users don't know what they are doing, they just want to turn
> the computer on and for it to work without them having to do any
> configuring or anything.

Lets put it that way: In my opinion, those should stay on windows
Let MS have them.

--
Windows was created to keep stupid people away from UNIX."
  -- Tom Christiansen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... As soon as that machine is set up and fully functional, I intend to install ... GNU/Linux as an operating system was meant as a Windows replacement. ... GNU/Linux continues that tradition - and perhaps more so even for the Linux ... AFAIK Mandriva is not the only distribution that is this ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Good Linux to start with
    ... but a major pain to install, and that a newbie should avoid it. ... the distribution won't matter much. ... correctly translates as "someone very accustomed to Microsoft Windows". ... UNIX-nature of GNU/Linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: why not like linux ?
    ... For Linux, get another distribution where this is not needed. ... Oh, obviously, you forget Windows 95/98/Me, do you? ... FreeBSD and Windows are whole OS ...
  • Re: 2003 Component service failure
    ... Remote Procedure Call,Automatic,Local System ... Windows Management Instrumentation,Automatic,Local System ... Kerberos Key Distribution Center,Disabled,Local System ... Network DDE DSDM,Disabled,Local System ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Antivirus in FC3?
    ... given one system configured for linux and windows ... >> but I suppose you would have to understand the technology to understand ... > built into the distribution I still don't see why that is ... >> implementation, their vision. ...
    (Fedora)