basic question in TCP connection

From: karthikeyan (thegreatkarthik_at_yahoo.co.in)
Date: 02/25/04

Date: 25 Feb 2004 00:58:01 -0800

sir,
  I am having a basic question in networking?

I read that TCP connection will have a virtual cicuit
(ie)only the first packet will contain destination ip and the
remaining packets will follow the path(pushing of packets)
My question is how the second & the other packets will follow the
path??
(My guess is FCS(frame check sequence) and how the second packet will
follow the path and asking the follow up of first & other packets???)
Help me
Thks in adv

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IDS, where the bits meet the bytes
    ... > As to the basic question - as far as I know, all (or almost all, I would ... IDSs are able to analyze any packets received from ... their packet capture constructs, be it IP, arp, or raw ethernet. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • basic question in TCP connection
    ... I am having a basic question in networking? ... only the first packet will contain destination ip and the ... remaining packets will follow the path ... and how the second packet will ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Strange routing blocked by ZAP
    ... The packets are routed every 63 minutes. ... The packets are always from port 0 to port 0. ... The first packet is generated immediately after connecting to the 'net. ... client installed (Not even Microsoft Networks) ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Strange routing blocked by ZAP
    ... The packets are routed every 63 minutes. ... The packets are always from port 0 to port 0. ... The first packet is generated immediately after connecting to the 'net. ... client installed (Not even Microsoft Networks) ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: basic question in TCP connection
    ... > I am having a basic question in networking? ... > I read that TCP connection will have a virtual cicuit ... > only the first packet will contain destination ip and the ... > remaining packets will follow the path ...
    (comp.os.linux)