-=Walmart PC (SYSMAR550) and OpenGL=-

From: Paul (bqqgernose_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/08/04

Date: 8 Mar 2004 08:13:50 -0800

I purchased one of the Walmart PC's last year for $199 (800 Mhz / 128M
ram / 10G disk) and have been extremely happy with it. The only
limitation (for my purposes) is that it does not do OpenGL.

I am looking at "upgrading" to the Walmart SYSMAR550 (1.4 Ghz / 128M
ram / 40 G disk). However, I am curious if anyone has purchased this
system and gotten OpenGL working on it. It is sort of hard to find
the specifics on the video card.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT/drift: when is a RAMdisk an appropriate solution
    ... include the "ram disk" component in your project. ... Sometimes, a physical RAM ... only to wind up going directly to regular old ordinary memory, ... testing the file system software. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: teaching a child - console or GUI
    ... >> possible to set up some pretty fancy 'accelerators' ... disk under a file name that is ... ... or are they really a bunch of pointers ... You mean that you had to be convinced of the 'CD in RAM' approach? ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Future Linux on Bistable Storage
    ... One major difference between disk and RAM is the tradeoffs between size, ... resume the system -- except perhaps for I/O initialisation. ... Writing all of RAM to disk burns more power than powering RAM for several ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Hard disk speed - Maybe OT
    ... This will of course all be disk cache. ... The current capture uses ... I dont think RAM will help all that much. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: AppleWorks 3 + RamFactor + RamWorks 3 = what?
    ... I honestly don't remember if AppleWorks 3 needed a Ram Driver to ... If it does need a Ram driver, the ones on ProSel 8 are ... Once the boot disk is set up and booted from a 3.5" disk drive, ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)