Re: grub.conf contents being ignored on boot (redhat 8/9)

From: No Spam (
Date: 03/29/04

Date: 28 Mar 2004 23:43:25 -0800 (Lewin A.R.W. Edwards) wrote in message news:<>...
> > I have read and read and read about this problem, and cannot find a
> > solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The problem is
> >
> > I have checked /boot/grub/grub.conf and /boot/grub/menu.lst. Both of
> rm /etc/grub.conf
> ln -s /boot/grub/grub.conf /etc.grub.conf

Hmmm... I don't understand that suggestion. Looks like you are
removing the symbolic link, and then remaking it. I assume that
/etc.grub.conf is a typo and should be /etc/grub.conf? I tried it
with the slash and it did not change anything. I'm thinking about
formatting this d@mn thing (but who knows if even that would work,
since this problem might be in the MBR or something).