Re: grub.conf contents being ignored on boot (redhat 8/9)

From: No Spam (dontbother100_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/29/04

Date: 28 Mar 2004 23:43:25 -0800

larwe@larwe.com (Lewin A.R.W. Edwards) wrote in message news:<608b6569.0403281734.385f5b55@posting.google.com>...
> > I have read and read and read about this problem, and cannot find a
> > solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The problem is
> >
> > I have checked /boot/grub/grub.conf and /boot/grub/menu.lst. Both of
>
> rm /etc/grub.conf
> ln -s /boot/grub/grub.conf /etc.grub.conf

Hmmm... I don't understand that suggestion. Looks like you are
removing the symbolic link, and then remaking it. I assume that
/etc.grub.conf is a typo and should be /etc/grub.conf? I tried it
with the slash and it did not change anything. I'm thinking about
formatting this d@mn thing (but who knows if even that would work,
since this problem might be in the MBR or something).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: grub.conf contents being ignored on boot (redhat 8/9)
    ... /etc.grub.conf is a typo and should be /etc/grub.conf? ... with the slash and it did not change anything. ... formatting this d@mn thing (but who knows if even that would work, ... since this problem might be in the MBR or something). ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • Re: grub.conf contents being ignored on boot (redhat 8/9)
    ... /etc.grub.conf is a typo and should be /etc/grub.conf? ... with the slash and it did not change anything. ... formatting this d@mn thing (but who knows if even that would work, ... since this problem might be in the MBR or something). ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: boot problems with flash drive
    ... Formatting *volume* doesn't change MBR. ... Only when you are playing around partition table is when MBR gets changed. ... always make sure you mark partition as active if you want to boot from it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Convert Date Format of 7/29/04 to Date Format of 072904
    ... "Petra" wrote in message ... > Hi...I need to convert a data with a slash to a date without the slash and ... Cells that I'm overlooking? ... Custom formatting doesn't work in this case ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Trouble with GRUB and multiple HDs
    ... I'm trying to install GRUB to the MBR of /dev/hda because that disk is ... recognizable by the BIOS. ... *> Is this a typo or is it really md0? ...
    (RedHat)