Re: wget ftp retr error SOLVED

From: Alan Connor (zzzzzz_at_xxx.yyy)
Date: 03/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:54:31 GMT

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:18:16 -0800, A-B C. <atakeoutcanton@adams-blaketakeout.com> wrote:

> I'm posting this so that it will get into the Google archives. It took me all
> day to track this down becasue it is 'burried' in Google.
>
> All of a sudden a script with wget ftp running on a local machine to get a
> file from a server stopped working with an 550 error "unable to connect" and
> a "file not found."
>
> It seems that a new firewall was installed on the local machine. This requires
> the --passive-ftp parm be used on the wget.
>
> And if you are doing plain old ftp, you need to use the -p option or use the
> pftp command.

Good of you to post this.

But your sig is out of line.

You should be using a sig delimiter "-- " so that people who don't want to see sigs
don't have to, and it should be only 4 lines max.

You are basically spamming the Usenet and this is VERY uncool.

This will be the last time I read one of your posts until you change your ways.

(the body will be stripped off by my filters before it reaches my newsreader and
replace the body with a note saying why it was deleted)

AC

--
11111111111111
2222222222222222