Re: Hardware detection

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 04/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:13:28 +0200

Relevant Pages

  • Acer, Asus, Freescale, Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo, and Toshiba. stick the knife in!!
    ... Hardware makers support Google OS, can't wait to stick the knife in Windoze! ... Google has announced which hardware firms have pledged to build machines that will run its Chrome OS. ... The software is designed to work with the web and Google said it was most likely to appear on smaller portable computers known as netbooks. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: IBM in talks to buy Sun
    ... To compensate for slower speeds, double the number of file servers behind a load-balancer, and ultimately the number of disks. ... To compensate for lower reliability (but consumer grade hardware is getting better), assume a doubled disk replacement rate in the RAIDs. ... Parallelism in various forms (multiprocessors, load-balanced clusters, RAID, and so forth) make consumer grade hardware able to "add up" to be equivalent to higher-grade hardware. ... Google run their data centres in exactly this way, using vast amounts of cheap commodity hardware. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Interesting job ad from HP
    ... Google and eBay many times per day (and sometimes ... It only seemed 100% because their outages where during your access ... they were on Sun hardware - but Google has their own hardware division and they ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Google Cuts 4,000 Motorola Mobility Jobs Slashes a fifth of Motorola Mobility workforce. Googles And
    ... Google Cuts 4,000 Motorola Mobility Jobs ... Slashes a fifth of Motorola Mobility workforce. ... Google's Android ... effort to restore the mobile hardware company to profitability. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Google Computers - Hardware Coming to Town
    ... >> Apparently you can sell computers to boost your search engine ... Google Mini, Google O/S, Java Runtime Environment... ... > themselves, so hardware expertise is apparently already there, in house. ... Microsoft have recently articulated their plan to dominate large ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)