Re: Screen Stuff Command Question

From: Alan Connor (zzzzzz_at_xxx.yyy)
Date: 04/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:28:43 GMT

On 24 Apr 2004 13:13:52 -0700, Dewg <dewg_zom@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm having difficulty figuring out how to send an ENTER after stuffing
> something with screen.
>
> Example: Trying to send the word Hello followed by ENTER to the
> detached screen. I use the following at a bash prompt:
>
> screen -X stuff Hello
>
> That puts the word "Hello" in the detached screen but doesn't put
> ENTER after it, so the cursor sits at the end of the word "Hello" when
> I reattach the screen.
>
> What must I stuff to have ENTER pressed after "Hello" ?

stuff\012

Octal escape sequence. See man ascii or find a table somewhere.

(hope you don't have command by that name :-)

AC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question about Sun JAVAC
    ... >> quite feel up to figuring it out. ... >> reference. ... >a tidy find command there, but I'd make a few changes: ... "find" is really a very Unix-y sort of command, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Bluetooth utils
    ... Ritesh Khadgaray wrote: ... Where do I find the bluetooth utils on my system? ... I have those, all command line, and I am still figuring them out. ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Remastering FedoraCore5 - an Install issue with the remastered CD
    ... I'm in the process of figuring out " how to remaster FC5 "...... ... My new CD1 boot well in the command line mode...... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Screen Stuff Command Question
    ... I'm having difficulty figuring out how to send an ENTER after stuffing ... so the cursor sits at the end of the word "Hello" when ... I reattach the screen. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Creating DVD and CDs
    ... After finally figuring out how to back up my e-mail files I now need to go ... "genisoimage" command. ... one need simply "wodim image.iso" ...
    (Debian-User)