Nice new SCSI drives

From: Mark Stephen (mstephen_at_rcn.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 02:08:46 -0400

I recently installed a 37G SCSI drive, and I have an 18G if my power
supply will tolerate it. I bought these drives because they were dirt
cheap and I wanted something faster to burn CD's from, but they are very
  obviously faster than my IDE drives, and I'd like to switch my OS from
the IDE to them. How risky is this, and what is the least painful way to
do it?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can I clone an IDE drive to a SATA drive?
    ... drives and restore to IDE drives with different ... to a SATA drive, it didn't work. ... any suggestions on moving my boot disk from IDE to SATA? ... but the internal mapping for C and D from the restored image still points to the "missing" IDE drives?? ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • RE: USB to IDE Interfaces
    ... Subject: USB to IDE Interfaces ... I want to be able to connect various IDE drives to a Linux ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Need help on putting together an A500.
    ... but recently bought an A1200 as my staple Amiga. ... IDE drives and ethernet cards. ... accelerator is almost a must as well. ...
    (comp.sys.amiga.hardware)
  • Re: Cant boot off of new SATA drive
    ... so I can't tell if "hard drives" includes a SATA device. ... Sequence" does NOT list the SATA controller...just IDE and USB. ... maybe after the system BIOS has completed its POST ... disconnect all the IDE drives from the IDE ports so the system BIOS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: All filesystems hang under long periods of heavy load (read and write) on a filesystem
    ... This is a Compaq DL380 with SCSI RAID and two IDE drives. ... the filesystem on the partition being written to. ... Dec 22 14:48:08 www2 kernel: ...
    (Linux-Kernel)