Kernel 2.6.6 compile error

From: Christian Zimmermann (zimbo_at_gmx.de)
Date: 05/23/04

Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:34:01 +0200

Hi!

I got failure on compiling the kernel 2.6.6:

 CPIO usr/initramfs_data.cpio
  GZIP usr/initramfs_data.cpio.gz
  AS usr/initramfs_data.o
/tmp/ccrDzQVj.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccrDzQVj.s:30: Error: Unknown pseudo-op: `.incbin'
make[1]: *** [usr/initramfs_data.o] Error 1
make: *** [usr] Error 2

My gcc version is 2.95.3 20010315.
My binutils version is 2.14.

What can be the result of this compile-error? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Christian

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Xfree86 4.4 compiler/binutils/libc version dependencies?
    ... > What minimum versions of libc, gcc, and binutils do I need to compile ... > whatever package one is compiling an upgrade for at the moment. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Anyone interested in building a vms-like OS?
    ... then you have a good reason for preferring the BSD license over GPL. ... geeks :-) is that it is fast, 5-10 times faster than gcc, while still ... Compiling 10 times faster with almost no optimization does not ... It is compiling much faster but doing less optimizations. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Conexant HCF Modem Problems
    ... Conexant HCF modem, which is a "controllerless" modem, not a HSF which ... files to compile and to install but the problem is when I try to config ... compiling (gcc) mod_osspec.c ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • [ANN] macstl 0.1.5 -- Xcode compatibility
    ... The new version also has fixes for older gcc ... Now builds with Xcode 1.0. ... Fixed altivec functions not compiling in gcc 3.1: ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Finally one site with all the C fundas
    ... was pretty lenient and we did not actively pursue compiling the tool ... the CPU/memory architecture doesn't allow unaligned accesses. ... Also gcc 3.3.6 would have spotted that if invoked with the '-W' ... Casting the return value of mallocis never necessary ...
    (comp.lang.c)