Kernel 2.6.6 compile error

From: Christian Zimmermann (zimbo_at_gmx.de)
Date: 05/23/04

Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:34:01 +0200

Hi!

I got failure on compiling the kernel 2.6.6:

 CPIO usr/initramfs_data.cpio
  GZIP usr/initramfs_data.cpio.gz
  AS usr/initramfs_data.o
/tmp/ccrDzQVj.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccrDzQVj.s:30: Error: Unknown pseudo-op: `.incbin'
make[1]: *** [usr/initramfs_data.o] Error 1
make: *** [usr] Error 2

My gcc version is 2.95.3 20010315.
My binutils version is 2.14.

What can be the result of this compile-error? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Christian

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Xfree86 4.4 compiler/binutils/libc version dependencies?
    ... > What minimum versions of libc, gcc, and binutils do I need to compile ... > whatever package one is compiling an upgrade for at the moment. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Anyone interested in building a vms-like OS?
    ... then you have a good reason for preferring the BSD license over GPL. ... geeks :-) is that it is fast, 5-10 times faster than gcc, while still ... Compiling 10 times faster with almost no optimization does not ... It is compiling much faster but doing less optimizations. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Conexant HCF Modem Problems
    ... Conexant HCF modem, which is a "controllerless" modem, not a HSF which ... files to compile and to install but the problem is when I try to config ... compiling (gcc) mod_osspec.c ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: If It Were Easy...
    ... get away with _not_ compiling my original questionable code! ... And, that doesn't work in standard C, nor in gcc when used normally. ... try and ensure there were no chip bugs and no compilers bugs, ... I don't find any that define real alias analysis. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • [ANN] macstl 0.1.5 -- Xcode compatibility
    ... The new version also has fixes for older gcc ... Now builds with Xcode 1.0. ... Fixed altivec functions not compiling in gcc 3.1: ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)