ImageMagick and converting rgb to MPEG format

From: www.hiebun.com (bkna_at_besta.cc)
Date: 07/01/04

Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:56:26 +0900

By "convert -size 320x240 rgb:image image.m2v" I can change rgb file
formatted images to m2v format which is mpeg2 format.

But by "convet -size 320x240 rgb:image image.mpeg" I had error messages
and could not have mpeg version 1 file.
That is,

%convert -size 320x240 rgb:cap.img cap.mpeg
Couldn't open parameter file /tmp/magicr9rwcdu

With mpg extension, I have got this message:

%convert -size 320x240 rgb:cap.img cap.mpg
sh: HoW@HoW@ode: command not found

Did I do wrong command?
I really need mpeg version 1 file format with "convert" command.

What is the correct one?

Thank you,
bkna

  • Re: Novice: First steps with VirtualDub
    ... There are specialized MPEG editors such ... original MPEG file into some other format, ... yet-unspecified video and audio codecs), ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: standalaone recorder or laptop capture?
    ... >>>onto DVD? ... > wants to futz about with ripped dvd's or mpg captures. ... contends that mpeg is suitable format, and the equal of DV-codec-encoded AVI ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Which Camcorder ??
    ... sure that I should be able to edit the videos with relative ease. ... they can handle all the above directly in MPEG. ... Is it the format we record it ... of capturing high movement level video, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: VLC (and Parole) quirks
    ... standard DVD videorecorders use essentially the same MPEG format. ... you sometimes need to be careful with the 'MPEG' term in AV ... FWIW The panasonic recorders I use can record the audio as part of the ... 'mpeg' audio are possible on commercial discs, ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Sample Rate Insufficient?
    ... but this only identifies the MPEG format and gives no ... I have loaded an AVI file and all info is displayed. ... "Graham Hughes" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)