Re: Linux Is A Bore

From: John Hasler (john_at_dhh.gt.org)
Date: 10/18/04

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:25:24 -0500

Dan Kumen writes:
> It's a firewall, nice gui interface.

It's a firewall configurator. The firewall is part of the kernel.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org

Relevant Pages

  • Re: natd starting after firewall rules are loaded
    ... that I did, in fact, build the kernel with several firewall options, ... kernel and built it, and, since divert is already there, the firewall ... Once the system is up, i can ipfw list and the divert command is, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • [patch] move ipfw logging to after syslogd
    ... We have a problem that on our busy firewalls, a boot and shutdown ... can be delayed by up to 20 minutes by the kernel printing log ... most kernel activity appears to be suspended by outputting ipfw ... echo 'Firewall rules loaded.' ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Linux firewall on P166
    ... Which is it, ipchains or iptables? ... gives you a much stronger firewall. ... It's difficult to do much with 4MB RAM, ... > of a specially-tailored kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Linux firewall on P166
    ... Which is it, ipchains or iptables? ... gives you a much stronger firewall. ... It's difficult to do much with 4MB RAM, ... > of a specially-tailored kernel. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Firewall-easy setup difficulties
    ... I'm using debian unstable, 2.6.7 kernel. ... kernel support ... NO ipchains list, firewall kernel support? ... HOME USER CONFIG ...
    (Debian-User)