how to use rar to split huge files?

From: les ander (les_ander_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/11/05

Date: 10 Jan 2005 15:29:41 -0800

Dear all,
i hope this is an appropriate newsgroup for this question (if not, please
tell me which one).

I have a large file: called
mybackup.iso
which is over 1 gig.
which I want to split into 10 M chunks so that i can email it to my self
(mail server does not allow anything larger than 10 megs to pass through)
I would be grateful if you can show me how.
I did rar -help but the output is unfriendly.
I figured out that I want something like

rar a -v10000k mybackup.iso
but this does not work.
many thanks

Relevant Pages

  • using rar to split large files into small chunks
    ... i hope this is an appropriate newsgroup for this question (if not, ... (mail server does not allow anything larger than 10 megs to pass ... I would be grateful if you can show me how. ... I did rar -help but the output is unfriendly. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • saving video files posted on newsgroup
    ... Does anyone know how to save video files (asf, rar, ... that are posted on the newsgroup as email ... Joe ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)