IRIG-B Timecode and Linux

From: The Eighth Doctor (drwho8__NOTME___at_att.net)
Date: 01/29/05

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:57:46 GMT

Hello from the Eighth Doctor
In going through my collection of Embedded Linux Journal, a publication that was
ran by Linux Journal; I came across an article discussing how a NASA research
facility was using Linux to run an instrument.

I'll spare everyone the discussions of what the instrument was, and what they started
off with, however the thing used the signals created from the IRIG-B timecode for
synchronizing its activities.

Now I am familiar with the IRIG-B timecode, and its origins. However I am
wondering if anyone in this group has manged to get their system to talk to a device
which decodes the signals, and then presents them in a human readable form.

Obviously we are not talking hobbyist prices here. I saw a collection of these
devices last summer. The prices that I later saw on paperwork from the firm quoted
prices that would automatically make any individual such as myself feel unhappy.

But will accept feedback on this subject.

----
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net
"This signature is currently not at home."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Delphi 2005 is here, apparently no benefit of the cheap dollar..
    ... > All prices are signals. ... Rising plywood prices ahead of a hurricaine ... > are a signal to people to bring plywood to the area of need. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: OT:Who knows about clarinets?
    ... lessons and daughter has decided that she wants to try clarinet. ... seems to be significantly more expensive than prices available on ... scare up an equivalent instrument for £278 or less. ... how sure are you that the daughter will complete the course? ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Beginning Hammered Dulcimer?
    ... One night over at someone's house, "learning hammer dulcimer" ... Debbie is the also the moderator of Musical Instrument Maker's ... Get to know who the local makers are in your area ... as well as the current prices for the Dusty Strings models. ...
    (rec.music.makers.dulcimer)
  • Re: DC Wattmeter
    ... www.wolfswords.com under the motorhome link ... Here's one of the better prices I found and where I just ordered ... Here is an extensive review of the instrument. ... best thing to an E-meter as long as the house load is less than 60 ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • DC Wattmeter
    ... meter does the same thing for DC circuits as the Kill-A-Watt does for ... Here's one of the better prices I found and where I just ordered ... Here is an extensive review of the instrument. ... best thing to an E-meter as long as the house load is less than 60 ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)