Re: Any equivalent of AUTOCAD is there?

From: CS_Mike (papa38mba_at_richNOTpoor.net)
Date: 03/17/05

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:20:32 -0800

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:10:50 -0500, Eldon Tyrell wrote:

>> Can any of you suggest a better application which is good enough and
>> having some of the major features at leasy of Autocad and capable of being
>> copy/pasted into other applns(like OO)?
>>
>> Srikanth
>
> try Varicad http://www.varicad.com/ they have a professional looking
> webpage, and the demo version installs and operates flawlessly.

We chose VariCAD for our company almost 4 years ago and if you want to
compare, we think it beat Autocad for all our 2d uses and we have done
much 3d work as well. I never could get 3d right in Autocad. It is
intended for mechanical work and no architectural tools are included. They
still offer a free trial I think and the cost is a lot less than most out
there but it's a wonderful tool.
This is what we do with it:

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/

Mike