Re: Linux Dealt a DEATH BLOW by Apple !!!!!!!

From: Roger Leigh (${rleigh}_at_invalid.whinlatter.ukfsn.org.invalid)
Date: 06/07/05

Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:35:00 +0100

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux Dealt a DEATH BLOW by Apple !!!!!!!
    ... >> an inevitable hardware upgrade within a fairly short time. ... and ppc-based Macs will be ... Free software operating systems, such as GNU/Linux and FreeBSD will ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Why I like Linux (but an not really satisfied)
    ... running to GNU/Linux as the consequence of running away ... > for new hardware. ... overindustrialized business models as Microsoft itself is. ... myself and without any configuration or hardware support problems now ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... all my fault that linux won't work with my hardware. ... If you're running windows, this is usually not a concern. ... for GNU/Linux, doesn't mean that your hardware is standard. ... Those highschool kids are actually qualified engineers, and those drivers ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... all my fault that linux won't work with my hardware. ... because you bought hardware without checking whether it's ... GNU/Linux, doesn't mean that your hardware is standard. ... that was Designed For Windows XP/Vista, and then I'm willing to bet ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards
    ... Anyway, for a "Vanta" driver, go: ... the fact that I don't use Windows, ... always pick my hardware in function of compatibility with GNU/Linux. ... GNU/Linux, either because there is in-kernel support for them - e.g. ...
    (alt.os.linux)