Re: Listening to music in SuSE 9.3 Professional

From: beefalo (beefalo_at_noware.org)
Date: 06/29/05

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:57:11 GMT

hannibalkannibal@gmail.com wrote:
> I did a pretty vanilla install of Suse 9.3, it detected my sound
> care(which is VT82C686 AC97) in yast's sound configuration. There are
> error sounds and sounds when I open and start KDE, but when I try to
> listen to mp3s, cds, even music videos, I get no sound. I've tried lots
> of different players.

Make sure your programs are set to output to the 'arts' sound daemon.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... > audio which is not supported by linux. ... >> The very first thing I noticed was that there was NO SOUND even though ... >>started over with SuSE. ... So much for installing right out of the box on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [SLE] What has sound and what does not in SuSE 9.2
    ... I have run several programs under SuSE 9.1 using KDE. ... The only program which does not provide sound so far is kdetv. ... When entering KDE there is no sound announcement but leaving KDE ... the chip at 0xc2. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Cautionary Tales: lm_sensors for beginners
    ... really high tech and start using lm_sensors on SUSE 10.1. ... Took a while to pinpoint the sound as coming from the rheostat on the ... control knob gets rid of the noise. ... I've always found the lm_sensors stuff a bit hit and miss for detecting and setting things properly, like putting odd values in for alarm conditions. ...
    (SuSE)
  • aRTs stopped working after upgrading to KDE3.2.3
    ... I have a machine installed with SuSE 9.0. ... KDE 3.1.4 and everything was fine. ... Applications that uses sound directly, ... The error message is: ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Help configuring the sound device
    ... Apress Beginning SUSE Linux 2nd Ed. ... The thing the book leaves out is how to modify the sound driver. ... Alsa is that default sound handler for Suse. ... so you have to try all the sliders to see what they control. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)