Printing problems (Lexmark Z185)

From: Davide Capodaglio (davidecapod_at_inwind.it)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:44:37 GMT

Hi guys,
I have some problems with my Lexmark Z815 printer.
I'm using Mandriva LE2005 and the CUPS driver from
http://cerqueira.org/software/z810/
When printing the page contents are shifted at the top by 2 cm; for example,
if I set 2 cm margins at both top and bottom, I get the at 0 cm from the top
and 4 cm from the bottom.
I tried this in both KDE programs (kedit) and OpenOffice.
Can this be a CUPS problem or a driver specific issue?
Is there maybe an hidden cups setting for this?

2nd problem: when printing an image (for example from gimp, but it's the
same from any program), the output rendering is veery slow (also in the
preview), and the result is a veery slow printing; I think it's a
ghostscript problem or something similar, but I don't have any clue to get
out of it, so any help is appreciated...
The same happens when printing to file, not only to the real printer.

Last question: is there a program to control ink level, cartdrige changing
and cleaning as for mtink for epson printers or something similar?

Already asked the author but got no response.

Thanks in advance
Davide

Relevant Pages

  • Print problems
    ... I'm using Mandriva LE2005 and the CUPS driver from ... When printing the page contents are shifted at the top by 2 cm; ... and 4 cm from the bottom. ... the output rendering is veery slow (also in the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] foomatic-rip???
    ... I expect it's a CUPS driver. ... get it to behave? ... I'm running 64 bit OpenSUSE 11.0. ... Are you printing stuff at that time? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] foomatic-rip???
    ... I expect it's a CUPS driver. ... get it to behave? ... I'm running 64 bit OpenSUSE 11.0. ... Are you printing stuff at that time? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Envelopes in OpenOffice
    ... > Format to DL. ... > printer without printing anything. ... the address is printed right at the bottom of it. ... > settings box to DL, each time I want to print an envelope. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: How do I get large images to print in Publisher-created webpag
    ... with the address and date of course at the bottom. ... on each page for freindly printing. ... > opens the image file. ... >>> pages but you dumb the design down to have no images and you change the site ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)