Printing problems (Lexmark Z185)

From: Davide Capodaglio (davidecapod_at_inwind.it)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:44:37 GMT

Hi guys,
I have some problems with my Lexmark Z815 printer.
I'm using Mandriva LE2005 and the CUPS driver from
http://cerqueira.org/software/z810/
When printing the page contents are shifted at the top by 2 cm; for example,
if I set 2 cm margins at both top and bottom, I get the at 0 cm from the top
and 4 cm from the bottom.
I tried this in both KDE programs (kedit) and OpenOffice.
Can this be a CUPS problem or a driver specific issue?
Is there maybe an hidden cups setting for this?

2nd problem: when printing an image (for example from gimp, but it's the
same from any program), the output rendering is veery slow (also in the
preview), and the result is a veery slow printing; I think it's a
ghostscript problem or something similar, but I don't have any clue to get
out of it, so any help is appreciated...
The same happens when printing to file, not only to the real printer.

Last question: is there a program to control ink level, cartdrige changing
and cleaning as for mtink for epson printers or something similar?

Already asked the author but got no response.

Thanks in advance
Davide