Re: Resize of a reiser4 filesystem?

From: Alexander Skwar (alexander_at_skwar.name)
Date: 07/18/05

    Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:05:03 +0200

    ยท ray <ray@zianet.com>:

    > Actually, I was reading my 'knoppix hacks' book yesterday, and it
    > indicates that 'parted' or 'qtparted' should be able to resize a partition
    > on the fly - assuming, of course, that you have adjoining free space.

    I'm using LVM, so resizing an LV ("partition", so to speak) is
    not a problem (even if the free space is not adjoining - I *love*
    LVM *G*). The problem is resizing the filesystem that's on top of it.

    Alexander Skwar

    --
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
    -- Cal Keegan

    • Resizing an LVM volume to make way for XP install?
      ... I've been goofing around with the Administration | LVM applet to try to resize /home but two issues have risen: ... I'm a-feered that /home being in a LV means that if I resize it, I'll have free space in a logical partition - and that XP won't/can't be installed in that logical free space. ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: resizing a partition
      ... however I believe the whole point of lvm to allow to ... Subject: resizing a partition ... Thanks, but it is not LVM partition, it is pure ext3 ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: ext3 Partition 6GB less than underlying logical volume even after resizing using resize2fs
      ... Have you used JFS on LVM with large sized Logical Volumes and extended ... lvdisplay shows the free space available on an LV ... but the df -h output and lvdisplay output for a ReiserFS file system ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Resizing an LVM volume to make way for XP install?
      ... I've been goofing around with the Administration | LVM applet to try to ... You can then unmount /home. ... have free space in a logical partition - and that XP won't/can't be ... installed in that logical free space. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: what is /command directory?
      ... I do wish I hadn't let the installer use LVM and choose its own sizes. ... do you have any free space? ... (shows all your physical volumes used for LVM with amount of free ...
      (Debian-User)