OOo-2.0rc1 and nfs

From: John Thompson (john_at_starfleet.os2.dhs.org)
Date: 10/08/05

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:05:08 GMT

I'm having a problem with OOo-2.0rc1 and one of my computers. I have a
home network with NIS authentication and shared home directories via nfs.
I just installed OOo-2.0rc1 and find it works well, except one machine
(vectorlinux-4.3; kernel-2.6.9) seems to be giving me problems --
OOo-2.0rc1 cannot read or write documents over nfs *on this one machine
only*. OOo-2.0rc1 can browse the nfs mounted filesystem, see the
filenames, but fails with "General input/output error accessing
[whatever.file]" when I try to open them. If I copy these files to a
local filesystem, this exact same installation of OOo-2.0rc1 on the very
same machine can open, read, write, save, whatever with no problems. But
over nfs it cannot. My other linux machines (Xandros-3.0.2-OCE, kernel
2.6.11; Fedora Core 1, kernel 2.4.29) with OOo-2.0rc1 installed from the
same downloaded package can read/write/open/save/whatever over nfs and
locally. And OOo-1.1.5 running on the problematic machine can
read/write/open/save/whatever over nfs as well, even with the same files
OOo-2.0rc1 refuses to deal with on the same machine at the same time.

Vectorlinux -- problematic machine -- is slackware based, but since
OOo-2.0rc1 is only avauilable as a package of rpms I installed using rpm.

Xandros-3.0.2-OCE is Debian based, but once again I used rpm to install --
but it worked here.

Fedora Core 1 is rpm based and worked fine as well.

Any ideas?

--
-John (john@os2.dhs.org)

Relevant Pages

  • OOo-2.0rc1 and nfs
    ... home network with NIS authentication and shared home directories via nfs. ... this exact same installation of OOo-2.0rc1 on the very ... OOo-2.0rc1 is only avauilable as a package of rpms I installed using rpm. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: NFS und Codepage-Translation
    ... Bei Windows ist es UCS-2. ... kompatibel - siehe das Normalisierungsproblem bei UTF8 via NFS auf z.B. ... CIFS ist zumindest als Client wirklich ein Krampf. ... Ich tippe gerade auf einer Installation von ca. 1992. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: cant get real path
    ... /etc/user_attr with profile Software Installation, ... Is /home mounted through NFS? ... patchadd/pkgadd will run a test script as user nobody so even ... For some strange reasons there's no patchadd code ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: dbca hangs - Oracle 10gR2 RAC, Solaris 10, NetApp NFS
    ... NetApp NFS for datafile,voting disk, etc. ... Oracle installation, binaries, etc. are on local disks. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • pcnfsd problem
    ... I'm running 5.2.1 with a very basic installation. ... My problem is related to NFS, but specifically the pcnfsd port I ... I can even authenticate using "anonymous". ... files, but because I have permissions set on the files on the server, I ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)