Re: user & X

From: Peter T. Breuer (ptb_at_oboe.it.uc3m.es)
Date: 10/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:52:59 +0200

vertigo <null@com.pl> wrote:
>> Show us the error message that one of these "services" gives you.

> here is the problem, there is no errors in logs.

Nobody said anything about "logs". Show us the error message.

> Simply durring starting
> KDE when KDE logo appears and graphical icons appear after configuring
> devices and durring starting services everything crashes without errors...

Then do the startup by hand, one by one! It's only a script! Show some
nouse.

And chown and perms. Don't interpret. Show us what you do and what you
see - don't be lazy.

Peter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Offline files stored?
    ... "An error occured when configuring networking settings. ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... then network configuring error message as before. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: kmail- cannot start process pop3
    ... > Rebooting with enforcing did not change kmail's behavior. ... > Neither did adding a new user and configuring that user's ... If starting KMail from the command line shows an error message like: ...
    (Fedora)
  • With Word 2003 and 2007 installed, starting Word 2003 often fails
    ... I have both legal versions installed, because I like the old menus in 2003, ... but each time I do that it starts configuring 2007 again. ... times lately I get an error message "Microsoft Office Word has stopped ... is very frustrating and time-consuming. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Licence_Metering
    ... I am getting this error message on all of my 2003 ... secondary servers...."An unknown error was encountered ... while the application was configuring the software ... metering tables". ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Lincence_Metering Error
    ... I am getting this error message on all of my 2003 ... secondary servers...."An unknown error was encountered ... while the application was configuring the software ... metering tables". ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)