New freeware: A better way to manage your ogg and mp3 files
Date: 14 Nov 2005 09:47:09 -0800
mdb 0.1.2 beta is available for free use and distribution under the GNU
General Public License for Linux, Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows XP
and 2000. Go to http://www.mtnmath.com/mdb for complete information and
It is also available at SourceForge.net at
What is mdb?
mdb was inspired by Apple's iTunes. I loved the flexible access to my
digitized CD collection, but was repeatedly frustrated by the program's
limitations. Central to these is the long delay in copying a large
number of tracks. In mdb you can quickly copy a playlist by pressing
the copy button. You can easily build complex playlists by selecting
songs with different search keys and then copying and merging the
mdb is more narrowly focused than iTunes. It aims to provide flexible
and intuitive access to ogg and mp3 audio files for creating playlists.
mdb is not an audio player, but it can interface with some audio
* track and album shuffle that can be repeated, generating a new
sequence each time
* ability to manually change track order in any list at any time
with drag and drop or copy and paste
* warning whenever you are about to take an action that might
discard manual track edits
* no duplicates --- mdb insures that duplicate tracks are never
introduced into a playlist
* mdb remembers the last played track between executions
* fast, easy and intuitive construction of complex playlists
* drag and drop directories, playlists and audio files into mdb
* total control over which fields are displayed in what order
* support for ogg and mp3 audio formats.
* support for m3u and pls playlist formats.
Mountain Math Software